Emily's CD Art
It was a lot of fun creating a CD cover for Emily. Here's a little bit of what went into making it.
- size of art piece = 12 x 12
- CD title, "Becoming Me"
- Include her name with the "i" dotted with a star
- Main color to match the color of the blue stripe in her shirt
- She also liked the colors yellow and pink
Here is a few of the pages that show how I developed/practiced the lettering for her CD cover. She let me know not to dot the "Becoming Me" with a star - just her name. So I thought up an idea of the star streaking across the picture to represent a 'shooting star' - making a way for a new star, Emily to shine.
Artwork + Photoshop
- Started with a picture of the actual art piece
- Took a picture of the name I had developed and cut it out in Photoshop
- Modified the picture she gave me and layered it on the photo of the art piece in Photoshop
- Used another picture I took of the star part to layer more stars in the middle